Newcastle Cycle Tours
The fun way to see the city and learn about Newcastle's fascinating heritage
Here at Newcastle Cycle Tours we offer visitors the best way to see the sights of Newcastle - by bicycle!!.
We provide a bike and helmet and a local guide who will take you round the city and regale you with stories behind the world famous landmarks and hidden gems of canny Newcastle.
So if you are keen to explore the sights but are also keen to lower your carbon footprint, read on....
Tours run in small groups of no more than ten people.
On this tour you will learn about:
- Newcastle's famous 7 bridges within half a mile of river, spanning the river Tyne and spanning 150 years. No other city offers such a concentration of bridges to admire.
- The (New) castle keep and black gate and sections of the old town wall.
- The largest timber structure in Europe and possibly the world!
- Newcastle's colourful sons and daughters, Earl Grey who did more than invent my favourite tea!!. George and Robert Stephenson pioneers of the railways. Joseph Swan inventor of the electric light bulb. Bessie Surtees who eloped from a window to marry a coal merchants son who went on to become Lord Chancellor.
- Plus many other quirky and interesting facets of the home of the Geordie.
There are stops at each destination and plenty of photo opportunities! This is a leisurely cycle which is accessible to anyone who can ride a bike!
Tours last approximately 2 hours and there are two tours per day:
- Saturdays and weekdays - starting at 11.00am and 1.30pm
- Sundays - starting at 10.00am and 1.30pm
There's simply no better way to sample the rich diversity and contrasting cityscape of Newcastle - home of the industrial revolution.
Let our guide show and tell you about Newcastle, and you will feel that you have a real orientation of the city and you will have taken the first steps to becoming an adopted Geordie.
The price of the tour is £21 per person.
Tours start and finish at the HUB cycle café on Newcastle's quayside. There is ample free parking nearby. Please arrive no later than 15 mins before the tour start time.
Bikes are all modern mountain or hybrid bikes and completely safe to ride.
Tours run on Saturdays and Sundays all year round. Weekday tours are also run at certain times, contact us for details.
Booking is essential to guarantee a place, please contact us and give as much notice as possible.
Payment can be made at the end of the tour, in Pounds Sterling (£21) or Euro (€25), we are unable to accept credit cards unfortunately.
The tour is suitable for ages 13 and over. We regret we cannot accommodate young children.
Have your own bike?
You can take the tour for the reduced price of £10, however we cannot be responsible for repairs or punctures to your own bike.